JAM-stah Match Lobby Creation
Overwatch’s match lobby system has some idiosyncrasies that require a very specific match lobby creation process in order to ensure everyone can join the custom game and get started with the match without unnecessary
All captains MUST be familiar with this process!
- All captains must add all the other captains to their friends list. The list of battle.net IDs you must add are:
||Battle net ID
|cy@ on LAN
|The Nope Train
|Enough to Party
|Free Agent A
|Digital Battlefield Gaming
There may be some last minute additions to this list if we receive late registrations. We will post captain IDs for these in Discord.
KEEP THIS LIST HANDY. YOU WILL NEED IT DURING THE TOURNAMENT.
- In addition, team captains must add the shoutcaster and admin bnet IDs to their friends list:
- Team captains must create a player group with all members of their team in it
- The casters will be in a group lead by byza#11693
- Team Captain in the higher slot creates the owdraft.com Draft Session
- Team Captain that created the draft session must provide the opposing team captain with the Team 2 draft link AND provide the View link to the admins in Discord chat: #jamstah-captains
- If your match is being casted: confirm that casters are ready before clicking “GO” on OWdraft.com Team 1 and 2 links.
- Conduct the draft until a single map remains. This is the map that will be played.
Custom Game Creation
- The team captain in the higher slot in the bracket must create the custom game
- Custom game settings:
MAP ROTATION: AFTER A MIRROR MATCH
MAP ORDER: SINGLE MAP
RETURN TO LOBBY: AFTER A MIRROR MATCH
MAPS: Set all maps to OFF except the map chosen during drafting
DISABLE KILL CAM: ON
ALL OTHER SETTINGS: DEFAULT
- When you create the custom game, your team should be pulled in with you and fill Team 1.
- Add the opposing team captain to your custom game to Team 2. This should pull the team captain together with his group into Team 2.
- IF YOUR GAME IS BEING CASTED: Add byza#11693 to your custom game Spectators. This should pull Byza and the other casters into your lobby.
Starting the Match
- Both team captains must type “Ready” in lobby chat before the match may start
- IF YOUR GAME IS BEING CASTED: wait for the casters (just one of them will say, “All casters ready”) to ready up before you start
- Once both team captains and the casters have readied up, you may start the game.
Do you have what it takes to be a Gamestah Hero?
The next few months at Gamestah are going to be huge. We have competitions planned for the next three months covering Rocket League, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. We’re growing audiences, garnering the attention of game developers and partnering with other local Oceanic eSports organisations to bring the best competitions and the best broadcasting to gamers in the region.
And that’s where you come in. You’re an aspiring eSports coordinator with a little (or a lot) of experience working with teams, players, casters and tournament software, and you’re looking for somewhere to exercise your tournament admin skills and gain experience.
Look no further! Gamestah is taking applications for tournament admins to assist with the running of two key tournaments that will be run through June and July. You’ll be a part of the Gamestah crew, making sure tournaments tick over smoothly, coordinating teams, brackets and other tournament necessities. You’ll be involved in moderating twitch and running viewer giveaways, and when we head to LANs you’ll be exposed to real world eSports coordination activities.
If you’re keen to be Hero, hit us up here: http://www.gamestah.com/contact-us/