On Tuesday, 3 July, an incident occurred during the broadcasted HGC ANZ Premier match between Aztech and Twisted Vision. One of Aztech’s players, Cody “Ultivian” D’Ulisse, displayed unsportsmanlike behaviour during post-match comments.
During our investigation of the incident, Tournament Administration was provided with chat logs that demonstrated targeted harassment by Ultivian towards another Premier player.
1.1 Relevant Rules
Any team or player that displays unsportsmanlike conduct during a Blizzard sanctioned tournament may be subject to penalties. Blizzard reserves the right to take action against any team and/or player whose conduct has been called into question. Possible ramifications may include but are not excluded to;
- A reduction in prize money payment
- Total prize money forfeit
- Disqualification from the tournament
- Denied eligibility for future tournaments.
- Aztech Entertainment has been asked to make a formal apology for their player’s conduct;
- Ultivian has been put on probation for the remainder of Phase 2;
- Ultivian, as well as his team, Aztech Entertainment, has been provided with a formal warning from Tournament Administration that an additional incident occurring during the probationary period will at a minimum incur a two-match ban.
Ultivian unequivocally accepted responsibility for his actions and provided Tournament Administration with an assurance that they would not be repeated.
Tournament Administration would like to remind all Premier players that they, as representatives of the pinnacle of HotS competition in the ANZ region, will be held to the same high standards during and outside of official tournament fixtures.